Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Don’t Like Gay People

This commentary is all Idaho Sen. Larry Craig's fault. This is not a topic I am really interested in discussing. I don’t like gay people. I find their behavior disturbing on two counts.

I do recognize their right to perform revolting acts. If they want to do those things it’s their business. If they would just keep it private. That’s all I ask. Instead some do their thing in public places. (Associated Press item: A defiant Sen. Larry Craig denied any wrongdoing Tuesday despite his guilty plea this summer in a men's room police sting, emphatically adding, "I am not gay. I never have been gay.")

If that isn’t enough, many of these people parade and announce their behavior to the whole world. Gay parades seem to have become a fad in many big cities. Two that come to mind are the parades in West Hollywood and San Diego. Many also seem to take specific pride in announcing to others that they are gay. The announcements are of course more prominent within the entertainment community. I even had an individual call for an appointment for a job interview. He advised me that he lived “a different life style.” Do I care what his sexual proclivities are? Of course not but since he advised me, I concluded that he would be making that fact part of his behavior at work. I did not interview him.

I have actually known men who I suspected were gay. Since they kept their sexual preferences to themselves it did not bother me. Apparently they are the exception. Gay men want to make their sexual behavior known. I never told anyone about my sexual behavior. It’s all about women. How dull? Well not to me.

No comments: